Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Deadly Blast Strikes Outside Jerusalem's Central Bus Station"

"Deadly Blast Strikes Outside Jerusalem's Central Bus Station"

This was on the cover of NYTimes.com. Here is the link - www.nytimes.com/2011/03/24/world/middleeast/24israel.html?_r=&hp

After receiving comments on my previous post "Suspecting Palestinians," I would like to clarify now. While correct that the Palestinians were technically suspects, the title shifted the focus on what actually transpired. It's true I am biased which is precisely what Sophie said on my last post. As she noted, "As Jews who feel a connection to the Fogel family, we want the news to echo all the hurt and pain that we feel." It's true. It is personal and we are biased. But, at the same time, this news selection that I just posted really does depict what occurred. The use of the words "Deadly Blast" immediately put the reader into the proper frame of mind. I believe the difference in the articles may be subtle, but there is a world of difference. Love to hear your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment